Sunday 11 October 2015

Blog feedback learner response


Blog feedback learner response

WWW: What a great start to AS Media – consistently excellent points in lessons contributing and developing debate in class. Your blog also reflects this with thoughtful work so far on all the tasks set.

EBI: A few aspects to work on – firstly, think about paragraphing your analysis (e.g. the advert analyses) to encourage you to go into more depth on individual points. Secondly, from your media consumption post you’ll definitely need to watch more TV and film as the course progresses – hopefully that won’t be too much of a problem to resolve! Look for interesting art-house films and critically-acclaimed TV drama to expand your knowledge and interaction with the media.

LR: Reflect on your first month of AS Media. What is your strongest piece of work so far? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?


Learner response

  • I personally believe that my strongest piece of work so far in AS Media, has been the piece titled 'Reading an image.' I believe this since I was able to not implement newly-learned media terms, but I also was able to make detailed insights into why exactly adverts were designed in certain ways whether that be from a text standpoint or an image one
  • My weakest piece of work in my opinion, is the 'Reading an image' piece since I believe that having not separated it into paragraphs, individual points that were made were not immediately distinguishable.
  • A skill that I intend to develop over the course is the capability to to relate dominant and oppositional readings to an institution's actions and also values.

No comments:

Post a Comment